This Confined Space training course meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA (Construction) and 29 CFR 1910.146 (General Industry) for Permit-required Confined Spaces. Students completing the course will be proficient in functioning as authorized entrants, attendants, and entry supervisors in permit-required confined space entry operations. They will acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills to safely perform their assigned confined space duties. Each student will also receive basic training in performing non-entry rescue.
Subject matter covered in this course includes:
- The Confined Space OSHA regulation requirements for Construction and General Industry.
- Classification of confined spaces as permit-required, non permit-required, or alternative procedure spaces.
- Roles and responsibilities of Entrants, Attendants, Entry Supervisors, and Contractors.
- Respiratory protection.
- Identification and isolation of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout).
- Atmospheric monitoring requirements and instrumentation.
- Completion of the Entry Permit.
- Confined space ventilation.
- Non-entry rescue utilizing a tripod and other retrieval methods.
- Confined Space Entry Program.
- Confined space-related terminology.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Practical exercise utilizing retrieval device.
Note: This course is not intended for entry rescue operations.
AMA provides a certificate and pocket ID card for each student upon successful completion of the course.
Call 410-684-3327 for more information and/or to schedule a course for your group.